We all lead busy lives. And, we all know the benefits of moving our bodies everyday. It can be challenging to find time to do a structured 30 minute workout. However, research shows that doing some regular activity sprinkled throughout the day, has as much health benefits as those who do a longer exercise routine all at once. Sneak these activities into your daily routine and they will soon become a habit!
WHILE IN THE KITCHEN :
1) 15 pushups at a counter
2) Stand on one foot while waiting for the microwave to beep, switch feet
3) Arm circles….arms out to side, 20 circles in each direction
WHILE WATCHING TV:
4) 10 jumping jacks
5) Side leg lifts…Lie on your side, lift leg 15 times, then circle 15 times. Switch sides.
6) 15 hip raises…Lie on floor, knees bent, lift hips off of floor
BEFORE BRUSHING YOUR TEETH:
7) 15 calf raises…Rise up on the balls of your feet and lower
8) calf stretch…Both hands on a wall, one foot forward, one foot back, toes straight ahead. Lean toward front leg, hold for 30 seconds. Switch feet.
OTHER WAYS TO BE SNEAKY:
9) Stand and sit 10 times every time you get out of a chair without using your arms
10) Pace or march while on the phone.
This is how you get to the BEST YOU!
#bestyou #healthandfitness #healthytips #laurierein